It is that time again: Islandora needs you to help us get another release ready for the world. This time around the process will be guided by a team Release Co-Managers: Diego Pino (of METRO.org and the 7.x-1.9 Release Manager) and Rosie Le Faive (of UPEI and the Islandora 7.x Committers).
We are now looking for volunteers to work with Rosie and Diego for October release of Islandora 7.x.1-10. The roles are described in detail here, but in short we are seeking:
- Communications Manager (very much needed! I can co-manage while you learn the ropes, but we'd really like some one to try this for 7.x-1.10)
- Testing Manager
- Documentation Manager
- Auditing Manager
- Component Managers
If you have been a Tester, Documenter, or Auditor for a previous Islandora Release, please consider taking on a little more responsibility and being a mentor to new volunteers by managing a role!
Details on exactly how to Audit, Test, and Document an Islandora release are listed here.
Why join the 7.x-1.10 Release Team?
- Give back to Islandora. This project survives because of our volunteers. If you've been using Islandora and want to contribute back to the project, being a part of a Release Team is one of the most helpful commitments you can make. It's also a great way to contribute to open source.
- There's a commitment to fit your skills and time. Do you have a strong grasp of the inner workings of a module and want to make sure bugs, improvements, and features are properly managed in its newest version? Be a Component Manager. Do you work with a module a lot as an end user and think you can break it? Be a Tester! Do you want to learn more about a module and need an excuse to take a deep dive? Be a Documenter! Do you have a busy few months coming up and can't give a lot of time to the Islandora release? Be an Auditor (small commitment of time - big help!). You can take on a single module or sign up for several.
- Credit. Your name goes into the release announcement and Release notes for posterity.
- T-Shirts. Each member of an Islandora Release Team gets a t-shirt unique to that release. Here's the one from 7.x-1.9:
Tentative schedule for the release:
- Auditing Begins: September 1st
- Code Freeze: September 15th
- Release Candidate: September 29th
- Release: October 31st, 2017