The latest Islandora release is well underway, following a brand new model of volunteer-led release management. In previous updates I talked about the modules we might add, our call for volunteers, and why we need those volunteers more than ever. Now I'm happy to be able to update you on how the process is going and put out our tentative timeline and plans for the release.
ModulesThe latest release will see some changes to our list of officially supported modules, with two removals and ten additions.
- Islandora IP Embargo - there are unresolved issues with how this interacts with other modules.
- Islandora Solr Views - this module does not respect the latest changes in how security is handled, so users may get search results that they are not authorized to see.
- Islandora Sync - allows for the creation of Drupal nodes from Fedora content, to better leverage Drupal modules
- Islandora Solr Metadata - new and improved metadata display
- Web Archive Solution Pack - store and manage your WARC files
- Islandora Checksum - adds Checksumming to Islandora objects
- Checksum Checker - adds automated re-checking of Islandora Checksums
- Islandora PREMIS - PREMIS support in Islandora
- Islandora BagIt - export bags in Islandora
- Islandora XML Sitemaps - expose your Islandora contant to search engines via a sitemap. Works especially well with Google Scholar.
- Islandora Scholar - a suite of modules to turn Islandora into an institutional repository
- Image Annotation Solution Pack - create and store annotations on standard image formats